This past week I went on a retreat for the Mentor &Ambassador program as I am a team leader in the program. We went up to Heber and stayed in a nice house. The student council joined us which was really fun because I made some new friends and got to know my new roommate better (She's on student council). I was a little worried about the responsibilities I would have to handle during the semester. As many of you know I am moving out this semester, being a team leader, and possibly taking 14 credits. For those of you who don't know me that well that is a lot of changes taking place which can cause problems. Well I don't know what caused my problems on Tuesday (We are trying to figure that out). I decided to stay though and I am so glad that I did.
We had a fireside on Tuesday night which I would have missed had I gone home. During the fireside we discussed the honor code, prophetic destiny, being clean and its importance, how each of us came to this school for a reason. We were led here by our Heavenly Father and we have something to accomplish at the school. Lets just say the main fireside was amazing but when they opened it up to everyone to share their testimony, their story of coming to the school it hit that I was supposed to be there. I don't necessarily think I knew before than. But what I learned is that LDS Business College can change you. Being surrounded by people keeping the same standards, not just saying they are LDS is a blessings. Having teachers that really care is amazing. some of my classes were smaller than the high school classes I was in.
LDS Business College has something for me to do. I am meant to do something at that college. And I willtell you, there was not one person at the fireside who was not touched. I shared my testimony...the last time I did that I was probably 12. Yes I hate getting up in front of people but during that fireside I could be quiet and just listen. There was something I had to say. Many peoples testimonies that night answered my prayers and my questions. I was inspired during that fireside to write a post about the school. So whoever reads this and needs an answer to a prayer, I hope this helps.
Whoever goes to LDS Business College will really gain a testimony. I know that is where I gained mine. When you get personal attention on a college level, when people take the time to listen and to care, to get to know you that is when you feel at home that is where you can get to know your Savior better than ever before. But I will tell you that during this retreat I have learned and heard over and over the importance of the scriptures, of following promptings immediately, of saying prayers daily. But really the way that you can really understand this college and the way it works I suggest that you take LE 115. Foundations of Learning taught by either Adrian Juchau or President Richards (yes you get the opportunity to be taught by the president of our school). That is the class I will be taking. I took foundations of learning my first semester at LDSBC But i don't think I fully listened and understood. that is why I am taking it again. It takes time to understand the importance of it but if you listen you will be edified to an extent that you have never been before at school.
All summer I have had something missing from life. I have had more than one things that I am missing in life. I have missed the opportunity to serve. When I took the semester off from being a mentor and amabassador when I got released from my calling because of my leaving. I left my opportunity to serve at the college. That hurt my summer. I lost the opportunity to have a religion class by working full time and not going summer semester. I truly missed going to school. I missed having people that cared in important and significant ways. The mentor and ambassador program,gives people that. If you decide to come to our college you will have a mentor to help and guide you, answer any questions you have we really want to be of help we want to help you succeed because we have all had amazing experiences here and we don't want you to miss that.
If you want to come chaeck out the college call and schedule and let me know when you are planning so I can be a part of your experience. If you have any questions feel free to ask because I am willing and want to answer. Our school is growing so when you decide you want to come I would register as soon as possible to make sure you get in. I believe the last two semesters are the first ever that we have had to turn people down but really and truly make your best effort to get in.
Love,
Laura
Great post...now I want an update on classes since you made it through your first few days. Did you keep both religion or choose something else? Math haunting you still? Details please.
ReplyDelete