This summer has been a summer that some would consider no summer...I am one of those people. It was a summer that started every morning at 6:00 a.m. My shift started at 8:00 a.m. and went until 5:00 p.m. As stated in previous posts VMI Nutrition has has been my employer these past few months. Was it my favorite job? Not by a long shot. Was it a job that I will continue in the future? Of course not. But I still learned a lot of valuable lessons by going to work for 9 hours a day. I now have more sympathy for the men who do it everyday. I recommend that every person does it at least once in their lives. Just to gain appreciation and understanding, so that one day you can sympathize when someone has a bad day at work.
As for me, yes I will be able to sympathize. But more importantly I have learned lessons about myself, about my needs. Things such as; I don't like working by myself. I need to be in an environment that has some social aspect to it. I don't do my best work when I am alone. I always need someone to ask questions to, someone who can give me their opinion on things, someone that has a sense of humor, someone to calm me down in stressful situation. One more thing I have learned is that spreadsheets... are not a girls best friend.
Over all I think it is safe to say that I am glad that next friday is my last day. Yes you heard right, I have 45 more hours of work located at 391 S. Orange St. There are people there that I will miss, there are people that I won't miss at all. But I believe it has been an experience that I am glad I had. I will probably be more glad when I am looking back at it but all the same I am glad that I was given the opportunity. I learned things about myself that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. So thank you VMI Nutrition. I may not have loved you but you did teach me things that will change my future. You helped me realized that my future career will not be a cube job. It will not take place somewhere where I am by myself. It will be a job that I love, a job that will be void of all tears.
Love,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment