In the last little while have started looking at life in a different way, a deeper way of thinking. Thinking more into the future than I have in the past. And my findings have been the importance of people in my life. Everything besides family, friends and the gospel don't really matter. Working this summer has been a very hard thing. Quite possibly one of the hardest things I have done in my life so far. And what or who got me through it was; the gospel, my parents, and friends. All of the uplifting, encouraging,positive things they have said.
When I realized who and what was helping me get through this job I started to expand the list of people to include people who have had any positive influences on me. And I realized that many of then are now on missions. Serving the Lord and learning lessons that will help through life. I have been impacted by these friends even more so since they left. Before they left they were great people and examples to me but lately in their letters they share experiences that have had and they use these experiences along with scriptures and new knowledge to answer questions that I asked It makes me appreciate them so much more. I cant wait for almost 2 more years to see them.
I then thought about these people in terms of me moving out in about a week and a half. How will I survive without the influences and uplifting words of my parents and family? How will I survive without the amazing young women leaders I had? I think it will be a big adjustment and I just hope that I can handle it. These friends and family that I am leaving at home, they're unforgettable. They're not replaceable, The things they have done for me and the examples they are have made them people that I will never forget. So even as I move out and take another step in life I hope they will always remember that they have someone who loves, appreciates and respects them. All in all thank you everyone for all the differences that you have made in my life.
Love,
Laura
Laura, you are so mature. Grandpa and I are so proud of you for doing "HARD" things. Your post is precious! We love you!
ReplyDelete