Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A discovery

That has made all the difference.  In the past weeks many of you know that I have been having some difficulties with my health.  Well I have learned to look at this as a blessing and curse.  The curse is easy to spot but I didn't realize what the the blessing was until about a week and half ago.  And what was this blessing you ask?  It was the realization that I was looking at health in the wrong way.

In the past I have thought of heath as being overweight and ugly.  But recently I have learned that if you look at it like that you won't make any changes to your life because you are so depressed you don't want to do anything.  You end up complaining about exercising and eating healthy things. The way you need to think about it is, I need to be healthy, I need to eat healthy and I need to push myself to exercise because it makes me happy,  gives me energy,  and is overall good for my body.

When I realized this it changed my thinking on losing weight.  I started thinking about it as a bonus.  And when you think of it as a bonus you don't regret or have a hard time changing your diet and the amount of exercise that you do. And you know what the result have been...I have lost two pounds but more importantly I feel way better.  I feel so much better than I did before.  I am sure some of that is the self confidence boost but really, exercising is one of the best things that can take place in life. Every part of your life is blessed by it.  So just a thought but I would recommend trying to exercise at least 3 times a week.  You're life will become better and better.

Love,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Attitude is a big thing.

    I'm with you girl!
    Last week I started keep track of my eating. I still have a treat once a day but it just one and I drink water like crazy. And I started a 30/30 beginners jogging plan. google it, it's awesome!
    4.5 pounds lost in 8 days!!
    Healthy Diet and Exercise.
    I'm training for a 5K then a 10 then a half marathon.

    Keep it up cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to look at it and good to take this attitude while you are young. Can't wait to see you when you come to FL;)

    ReplyDelete